[Natan: 4y • 2m• 29d]
[Kai: 8m • 25d]
Natan's Quote of the Day
"You can only go to the sea by train a car doesn't go well."
I should have posted this two weeks ago (Oct 16th) after our trip to the sea, but I just downloaded the pictures today. I wanted to show a picture and mention how really lovely the Belgian coast is, especially at this time of year. Of course it is not a beach as most believe a beach to be, sunny, hot and blue, but we really enjoy it. At this time of year it has all these wonderful muted colors everything with a bit of grey and the air is amazingly fresh. You can walk for hours along the beach and for children it is a never-ending exploration. Digging, hunting for crabs, seashells and other strange creatures, chasing waves, building castles, making islands, etc. Natan is in perfect form at the sea. He comes alive with ideas and questions and can be free to explore and just play without any programs or structure. I remember as a child spending every possible moment outside making up games and adventures that had NO direction from adults. Although, this is not often possible in a large city it is perfectly possible at the sea!I guess I am raving a bit, but I am amazed at the amount of people I meet in Brussels who NEVER, well maybe once, have made it to the coast. Which is a whopping 1hr45mins away. If they could just leave behind their stereotypical idea of what a beach day should be like they would have a brilliant adventure!

No comments:
Post a Comment