Sunday, April 30, 2006

Cambridge


Didn’t someone once say the best trip is when you don’t have time for photographs? or something of that nature. Anyway, I hate to disappoint but the above is the one and only photo of my weekend. It was wonderful, relaxing and great to be just the two girls for awhile, although I do have to say I missed the boys horribly, which is good.

The only thing that didn’t go as planned was the shopping bit, but who was I fooling to have a whole weekend revolve around shopping. I hate shopping! Isobel hates it equally as much, so after we managed to each buy a shirt (Isobel actually even got a skirt) we stopped at the nearest café for a refreshment. This was when the weekend took a turn from a shopping weekend to a food oriented garden designing weekend.

Isobel has just moved into a new flat with a garden, which HAD only one thing going for it, it was outside! Well, not true actually it was very green as well and had this really nice green thing with blue flowers, extremely deep roots and stinging leaves. We dawned our new gloves, put the beer in the fridge, took one of the new .50p tools and started weeding. It didn’t take long for us to decide it was enough for the day and we took out a couple chairs a couple beers and sat back and enjoyed…

the pile we had made!

No, it did look a little better, but not much and actually the next morning there seriously more dandelions. Probably we just gave them a bit more space to spread I think. So with the hard labor done we got all dolled up to go out for the evening. We had so much fun that we lost track of time and when we realized it was already 10pm and we rushed out for something to eat.

Sunday was unfortunately cut short by the lack of train from Cambridge to London and I had to leave four hours before my train to Brussels, but I left completely spoiled, relaxed and a kilo or more in my belly and not in my luggage!

1 comment:

isobel said...

It was really a great weekend, so nice to hang out with you again. I'll keep you updated on the garden, I have sprayed weed-killer on the nasty blue weeds (I have discovered they are a variety of nettle) and I have planted the sunflowers in the bit we cleared at the back. we had the first BBQ in it on saturday, it was very impromptu, Rachel and Sam brought some Salad and really good Farm made Cider and I got a pack of Cumberland sausages and a disposable BBQ. We didn't mind at all that we were surrounded by dyeing weeds.