Friday, October 20, 2006

T.G.I.F.

So, I have still yet to blog properly yet or get any photo's downloaded from my camera in the last month or so!

What have we done then?

Well, we have been working hard at creating a company or two. We have finally decided for now to focus on the bvba (Dutch abrv. for normal profit company) and see how it goes before seeing if it is necessary to make Turtlewings a non-profit (vzw). So now all our design activities are officially under Studio Verbeelen. We are now in the process of buying a company car. Yes! You heard correct, we who preach a carless lifestyle to all who live in the city, are looking for a car. It will be mainly for business meetings, which are not within convenience with public transport.

Two weeks ago Sat. we began to plaster the back wall in our studio. Getting it all ready for the Turtlewings grand opening in Jan. It started modest because we had our wine&design party the following Friday night. So, because I really didn’t want to stand in the way of progress we continued as I tried to keep it all clean and organized for Friday. Well, by Sunday I lost control and everything in the studio was piled in the middle and there was plaster and dust everywhere. After Pieter had spent two days straight plastering and all the dust settled I spent 4 hours sanding and 8 hours painting during the week and it look fabulous. Pieter plastered the back wall and the front walls and we painted the front a very dark charcoal brown! Wow, amazing, but it was Thursday night and everything was still pile in the middle. Well, to make an exhausting story short. I organized; Pieter cook and we had a brilliant party with 25 friends and friends of friends.

This weekend we are doing absolutely nothing!

p.s. Will try to put pictures up soon, but at this point won’t promise!

No comments: