When I was little I was a Tomboy and very proud of it. I had a motorcycle, a horse, a cowboy hat that I wore everywhere and especially cowboy boots! Many years have past since and I have worked hard at shedding my tomboy manners, although I am sure some still show through from time to time. Well, this trip I have been captured by those memories. Maybe, it was going through old photos in the first few days or the childish excitement of Christmas, but I do feel this time more than ever like that little girl with all the cowboy attire.
Yesterday, I mentioned to my Dad that I thought maybe I would like to look at getting some boots. My father, who has wore boots everyday all his life, was a bit shocked, but excited at the idea of his little girl wearing boots again. So, we took off with the boys to an old boot shop he knew of a half hour away. They had nice black boots that fit, but also a pair of pink ones that he loved and I have to admit where very cool. Not finding exactly what we want he said to the sales women “well, we will have a look around this is the first place we have looked.” I thought to my self “Look around? We are in a town with about 10 shops and I am almost sure this is the only boot shop.”
The next shop was another half hour farther and I felt quite ridiculous for dragging my entire family all over looking for me a pair of boots, because I was having a flash back to my childhood. We got to the shop at ten past five and the shop closed at five, but she was still open we walked in and asked for women’s boots. “Only these two here left” she said. They had one pair black and one red pair only, but amazingly the red ones where my size. I slipped them on and they where perfect and everyone left with a big smile, especially dad and me. I think we both had the same feeling as when we used to go shopping for boots when I was a little girl.
Saturday, December 31, 2005
Back to my roots
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the Boots Jules, they're really nice. Will look great in a skirt, see you soon. x
Post a Comment