
Well, we are at day two, Natan seems not to have missed a beat, but Kai, and thus I as well, are having MAJOR sleep issues. Our second early morning chat at 3:30am this morning has made my jetlag kick in full force. Everyone is asleep now and let's hope it last a bit longer tonight.
After a very homey day yesterday, getting used to everyone and everything, Kai today feels right at home and is taken in ALL the many Christmas decorations my mother puts up every year. Dad says she begins the day after Thanksgiving and continues decorating until New Years, when she then starts to take it all down! Her whole house transforms with decorations from all the years past and some new. I have to say it is brilliant and it makes me feel like a little girl again and I feel the excitement of the approaching Christmas festivities as much or maybe even more than Natan.
We did venture out today to my sisters house and also to see my grandmother and of course take boxes of left over decorations to her apartment and help her decorate. No sleigh riding today though as it was 0ºf (-18ºc) and tonight we drove home in a blizzard. I am beginning to think this could last until we leave, which is beautiful, but not the best weather for leaving the house much!
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Grandma's Winter Wonderland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thx for the picts I really enjoy them. Miss you guys a lot let's try to have a chat tonight.
Cheers,
Papa Pieter
So nice to hear about your trip to Iowa, still no snow here in Cambridge but I have my fingers crossed.
Post a Comment