Sunday, July 02, 2006

Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!

Natan's Quotes of the Day

"How do you know that?" I ask Natan,
"I just know it, I thinked about it and I worked it out!"
"It is good to think and work things out." I respond motherly
"Yes, and my head needs no food for that."
Natan replies referring to a conversations at breakfast
several days before when I told him his head needed food to think.
"I am not so sure about that."
"No really, because mine are special thinks
not like other peoples thinks!" Natan says confidently
"That is true!" I agreed.

Natan’s Panamarenko party was a big hit! We celebrated in the early afternoon with 8 of his friends, most of who took the spiderman option as a costume choice. Natan wrote on his invite that you must come as something that flies or Spiderman, since well unfortunately for Spiderman he doesn’t fly.

It was our first party where no parents stayed and it was very intense. Luckily Kelly, Sonny’s mom, stayed and helped out tremendously. Otherwise, I think I would have lost my head already at the first activity of decorating cupcakes like spaceships. Everyone was extremely full of sugar when we returned them to their parents!

In the evening we had a family party and Natan gave the same card requesting everyone come in costume. I didn't really expect anyone to comply, but they did and I think only Natan can get professor Verbeelen to dress like an Angel!
Check out the daily pictures!

Of course Natan’s real birthday is not for many days. July 27th, but in Brussels everyone leaves for the month of July, so we had it early. Don’t try to explain this technicality to Natan though as of this day HE IS FIVE! Time flies I can’t believe it has almost been five years since we had our first child, but I would not change one day of it!

p.s. Forgot to mention summer is back again! Yippee

No comments: