Grandma's Last Quote
"I am going to come back as a black swallow tail butterfly.
I always wished I could be a butterfly and fly when I was little girl."
I always wished I could be a butterfly and fly when I was little girl."
This morning I received a pdf copy of the entire funeral service of my grandmother word for word. As I opened it I thought, what an amazing thing technology is, that it can make the distance feel much less at times, but as I read the service and all the lovely stories from each of my sister’s, cousins and mom, technology sort of came in a bit to close. Don’t get me wrong I am very happy to have received it, but it was difficult to read it and now I want more than anything to have been there.
If you wish to read it and know more about this amazing women Ruby Lee Swain Bill feel free!

2 comments:
Thanks to everyone for the comments! Paula, I remember very well that snowy evening with Han it was on the steps of the church in the park by our flat. We set it all up and just sat in silence until a small gust of wind blew out the candle and Han said that was the sign that his spirit was safely in heaven. My grandmother and grandfather where two very unique people and I am sure they are happy to be together again!
Julie,
After just going through the loss of my grandmother early this year I can understand your loss.
I missed the passing of my grandfather about 10 years ago and I can only say that my memories of him are much different than those of the people that were with him during those last few days. Sometimes I'm happy about it and sometimes I'm not. The only thing I can say is over time the regrets of not being there have faded.
Take care and our thoughts are with your family.
Post a Comment